Effective copy is a game-changer for your brand. Well-written copy can help you develop a unique brand identity and, as a result, attract new customers.
Yet, for creative small business owners who aren't natural writers, composing website and social media copy can be a daunting task.
Fortunately, a new generation of AI tools with copywriting capabilities can alleviate some of the burden. These tools can craft engaging copy in a matter of seconds, leaving you with just one responsibility: adding the finishing touches!
Let's explore five of the best AI copywriting tools in 2023.
Benefits of using AI copywriting platforms
AI copywriting tools are designed for efficient writing. They reduce the time you spend on brainstorming and content creation, allowing you to focus on higher-priority tasks.
That being said, AI still lacks the human touch needed to make your copy appear more personable and truly representative of you and your brand. Therefore, AI can't do all the work for you—think of it as a helpful assistant! Here are four reasons why you should use an AI copywriting tool...
- Free up your time. By handling all writing tasks, AI tools save you 90% of the time you'd typically spend on writing.
- Enhance your marketing strategy. AI copywriting tools can also gather interesting ideas and concepts from the internet that you can use to strengthen your marketing strategy, including social media goals, current trends, and recommended KPIs to track.
- Simplify the writing process. With AI writing tools, you don't need to be a professional to write effectively. These tools do the job for you, leaving you with the straightforward task of reviewing and revising the content as you see fit.
- Boost conversion rates. These tools can also be used to create targeted content. This means they can analyze your target audience and generate attention-grabbing copies that will increase click-through rates and conversions.
How to use AI copywriting tools for your business
Three specific tasks that an AI copywriting tool can complete in seconds...
- Write blog posts. AI copywriting tools can write anything from captions to long-form articles. Even better, some AI copywriting platforms offer varied writing style options to match your brand voice perfectly. Just type down an outline or describe the content you want to create, and AI will take care of the rest!
- Create personalised email templates. AI copywriting tools simplify email marketing by creating custom email templates that attract readers. By analysing recipient data, these tools create content that is sure to pique their interest. This makes your emails more engaging and persuasive, leading to higher open rates, click-through rates, and conversions!
- Rewrite existing copy. AI copywriting tools can help you take your ad copy and blog articles from good to great. Just paste your content into the AI platform to check for grammar errors and suggest writing improvements.
5 Best AI copywriting tools for small business owners
Best for: Busy solopreneurs
Write seamlessly with ChatGPT.
ChatGPT is one of the fastest-growing AI copywriting tools available. It is best known for its user-friendly chat-style interface, where you can input a question or command.
For this reason, ChatGPT is best suited for creating generic content, such as social media posts, emails, or short-form articles. The only drawback is that it has limited knowledge of events after 2021. Try these commands:
- Write a social media caption for a post about the best employee of the month.
- Create an email template for a pet supplies store
Best for: Trendy business owner
Bard is steadily gaining attention for being the 'smarter' alternative to ChatGPT. It has real-time access to the internet, and is updated on the current zeitgeist.
Bard can run plagiarism and grammar checks on existing copy, as well as creating new, current content. The cherry on top, it shows the related sources of the content, allowing you to cite easily or read more. Try these prompts:
- Run a plagiarism check on this text "insert text"
- Make this blog post more engaging "insert text"
Best for: Creative teams
If you're seeking an all-in-one platform for all your content, Jasper is the way to go!
Jasper is a versatile AI platform for copywriting, complete with its own template library and cloud storage for collaboration. It opens to a document-style interface, where you can access and edit your work exactly as you wish.
Simply write a description for the type of content you want and fill in the SEO options and more. You can also utilise the Jasper Brand Voice to create content that mirrors your own style!
Best for: Non-native writers
If you already have a lot of content but are unsatisfied with how it's written, look no further than Quillbot—one of the best paraphrasing tools available!
Quillbot takes your content and rewrites it more clearly and concisely. It's also a hub for several other useful tools, including a paraphrasing tool, summariser, grammar checker, plagiarism checker, and more. It's perfect for non-native English writers and small business owners.
Best for: Witty creatives
Wordtune is another rephrasing tool designed to enhance readability and content quality. Similar to Quillbot, you easily switch between different tones and resize the word count with ease.
What makes Wordtune stand out is Spices. As the name suggests, the SPices feature mixes in statistics, facts and even jokes to your copy to add flair to a previously dull piece. This makes the content sound more authentic and engaging.